Stay Sharp Over Breaks
Every teacher’s worst nightmare is to come back to a classroom of students in desperate need of review material after having a long break. Likewise, no student wants to be left behind after returning from their break because they have forgotten things learned in the fall. Here are some tips to help you stay sharp over your breaks to avoid an unpleasant return to the classroom.
- Spend at least 10 minutes each day redoing problems from your finals study guides until you have completed it again.
- These study guides are reusable! Try making an extra copy before completing it the first time, or simply cover the answers to work through it again.
- Make flashcards of important vocabulary, formulas, or rules (hint: it’s on your final, it will likely be important for the rest of the school year)!
- These can be made on index cards, or using an app such as Quizlet, to have in an easy, on-the-go format.
- Read over your textbook or course material for 10 minutes each day to stay on top of the information.
- This won’t take long and will keep the relevant material fresh in your mind.
- Involve your friends and classmates with your reviews!
- Everything is more fun with a friend, so get someone to quiz you to insure you’re at the top of your game.
- Make it a competition!
- A little friendly competition between friends is a great motivator! Form teams and race for the answer, or compete head to head and see who can get the most right answers in a session!
- Come visit your MaThCliX family!
- We are here to support you in all your academic needs. We’ll run flashcards with you, help you complete your reviews, understand textbook concepts, and quiz you to get you ready for your return to class.
“You will either step forward into growth, or you will step backward into safety.”
In order to learn and grow, you have to step out of your comfort zone. To help you “step forward into growth” your MaThCliX family will be beside you to cheer you on and support you in every step you take. Don’t step backward into safety this break or any break, use these tips and become the best you you can be!